Wednesday 12 November 2008

Workshop News!


Well.....................!  I enjoyed my first one, and it wasn't stressful, mind you would have been a tad easier without the stinker of a headache that I woke up with!
Lower numbers than I had hoped for, with one of my expecteds working later than she'd hoped and not making it and another who was having a Memorial for her Husband the following day and had got behind after taking loads of phone calls from friends and relatives on Saturday morning. Both totally understandable!
Anyway we had a bit more space and with one very messy scrapper on board ( no not me I wasn't scrapping with them!!) no names you know who you are Kirstin............whoops it slipped out!!, the largish table was full with stash and off they went.
I offered 2 tutorials and ended up switching them around as it seemed more sensible to do the one about using sketches and templates first.  After we'd gone through the principles and uses then Anne (Kirstin's Mum), did an amazing LO with photos of a Cathedral she had recently visited and as she is working in an 8X8 format for her current album, one of the sketches was perfect for the photos she had with her. This LO for me was one of the best of the day!  She also made full use of what she had learned in Tutorial 2 with the adding of journalling around her photo matt and some creative doodling to set the whole thing off -  it was truly beautiful!!!
The original sketch was from Scrapbook Inspirations, I love that mag so badly I have 'had' to subscribe and with me being bargain hunter extraordinaire got an offer for my first three for £3 - yes that's £1 each woo hoo!! 
If you have a family member that you are stuck for a Chrissie Pressie for,  Magazine Subscriptions make brilliant gifts - imagine a pressie every month not just on the 25th December, how brill.
Belinda x


No comments: